RESOLUTION OF THE IFP NATIONAL COUNCIL
Durban: 23-24 May 2011
The IFP National Council met in Durban on Monday and Tuesday 23-24 May 2011, and adopted the following resolution:
1. SUPPORT FOR ITS PRESIDENT PRINCE MANGOSUTHU BUTHELEZI
- the IFP President has played an indispensable role in leading the IFP during the gruelling 2011 Local Government election campaign;
- the leadership and guidance of Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi is still crucial and necessary to our Party’s future success;
- the media continues to attempt to blame the IFP President for the IFP’s electoral outcomes, and calls on the media to stop trying to dictate to the rank and file of the IFP as to who should lead them, as it will be the Annual General Conference of the Party that will provide the leadership mandate;
- the President has always deferred to the structures of the Party in all decisions affecting the Party, and we respect and admire his principle decision not to negotiate with anyone without first gaining the collective wisdom of the NEC and the National Council.
The National Council resolves:
To thank the IFP President Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi for his leadership and hard work during the 2011 Local Government elections; and to express our full support for and commitment to his continued leadership of our Party.