The IFP is made up of a “main” body, which is led by our President Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi and his National Executive Committee (NEC). Members of the Women’s Brigade serve on the National Executive Committee (NEC), which meets every Monday to consider important matters affecting the Party as well the country as a whole. Election for the Women’s Brigade takes place every five years at their national conferences.
The current National Chairperson of the Women’s Brigade is Mrs Thembi P kaMadlopha-Mthethwa. She is a long-serving member of the Party and a very active grass-roots worker. Thembi recently became a member of the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Legislature. She is very active on FB.
Some of the activities of the Women’s Brigade;
- membership recruitment drives
- development projects such as the promotion of arts and crafts – they hold an exhibition at their annual conference and the promotion of co-operatives
- development of the girl-child
- standing up against the abuse of women, children and the vulnerable
- caring for the indigent in communities
- working to improve conditions for women in the work place
Contact the Women’s Brigade Office on: