The IFP is made up of a “main” body, which is led by our President, Hon. Velenkosini Fiki Hlabisa, and his National Executive Committee (NEC). Members of the Women’s Brigade serve on the National Executive Committee (NEC), which meets every Monday to consider important matters affecting the Party, as well the country as a whole. Election for the Women’s Brigade takes place every five years at their national conferences.
The current National Chairperson of the Women’s Brigade is Hon. Princess Phumzile Buthelezi, MPL, who is an IFP Member of the KZN Provincial Legislature. MMC Nonhlanhla Makhuba (Cllr), is the Deputy National Chairperson of the Women’s Brigade and an IFP Member of the Mayoral Committee in the City of Johannesburg: Transport.
Some of the activities of the Women’s Brigade;
- membership recruitment drives
- development projects such as the promotion of arts and crafts – they hold an exhibition at their annual conference and the promotion of co-operatives
- development of the girl-child
- standing up against the abuse of women, children and the vulnerable
- caring for the indigent in communities
- working to improve conditions for women in the work place
Contact the Women’s Brigade Office on: