On Sunday, 10 October 2021, the Inkatha Freedom Party (IFP) senior leadership (NEC Members) will finalise its first weekend campaign of crisscrossing the country, taking the IFP Local Government Election Manifesto to the people in various areas. The jam-packed election campaign programme comprises of conducting door-to-door and visibility campaigns, as well as the IFP Election Bus Tour (IFP-branded bus moving around the country).
IFP Leadership Campaigning Weekend Programme is as follows:
1. The IFP Founder, President Emeritus, Inkosi Mangosuthu Buthelezi, will be officiating the opening of the United Congregational Church of South Africa at eFolweni in the South of Durban.
Details: Date: 10 October 2021 Venue: New Church, Empusheni in eFolweniTime: 10:00am
Contact for more information: IFP General Secretary of Administration Mr Mbango 082 311 9278
2. IFP President, Hon. Velenkosini Hlabisa, will be delivering a message of support during the IFP Gauteng Manifesto Launch. The Launch will be attended by the NEC Members and Gauteng Provincial Leadership.
Details: Date: Sunday, 10 October 2021 Venue: Five Roses Mofolo Ground, Soweto Time: 10h00 to 15h30
Contact for more information: IFP Gauteng Provincial Secretary Alderman Alco Ngobese 076 834 4066 And Musa Ngobeni IFP Media Officer in Gauteng 079 806 7439
3. IFP Deputy President, Hon. Inkosi Mzamo Buthelezi, will be handing over a fully furnished house to the Hlongwane family eSidakeni area, Ward 14, Ladysmith – uThukela District.
Details: Date: 10 October 2021 Venue: eSidakeni area, Ward 14, Ladysmith Time: 10h00am
Contact details for more information: IFP PR Cllr M Khoza 066 474 9699 Ntuthuko Thabede 066 330 5213 / 072 301 1199
4.IFP Deputy National Chairperson, Hon. Mrs Thembeni Madlopha Mthethwa, will be conducting door-to-door in Standerton, Mpumalanga.
Details: Date: 10 October 2021 Meeting point: Standerton Town Starting time: 10h00am
Contact details for more information: Deputy National Chairperson Hon. Mrs Thembeni Madlopha Mthethwa 071 884 3844 / 079 114 3015
5. IFP Women’s Brigade National Secretary, Mrs Queen Xulu, will be conducting door-to-door in uMlalazi Ward 7 Nkanini area.
Details: Date: 10 October 2021 Meeting Point: Ward 7, Nkanini area Time: 10h00am
Contact details for more information: IFPWB National Secretary Mrs Queen Xulu 072 143 2700
6. The IFP KZN Provincial Chairperson, Mr Thami Ntuli, will meet-and-greet residents, conduct a visibility campaign and participate in a massive motorcade convoy between the Inanda, Ntuzuma and KwaMashu (INK) township.
Details: Date: 10 October 2021 Motorcade convoy route will start from N2 to Khabazela to Kwamashu Hostel, passing Kwamashu E straight to Siyanda Township turning to Nkatha Road, passing between Kwamashu K and J, to Lindelani to Mzinyathi and Machobeni to Mtshebheni, down straight passing Dube village. Time: 09h00am
7. The IFP Political Oversight Committee (POC) Chairperson, Hon. Inkosi Russel Cebekhulu, will be conducting door-to-door in eSkhaleni, Ward 15 and distribute t-shirts.
Details: Date: 10 October 2021 Meeting point: Mjabuliseni Sports field Starting time: 09h00am
Contact details for more information: IFP POC Chairperson Hon. Inkosi Russel Cebekhulu 082 975 5107
Media will be informed of any changes.
ALL MEDIA ARE MOST WELCOME TO ATTEND AND PROVIDE COVERAGE OF THE LEADERSHIP OF THE IFP – AMANDLA AWETHU