I hereby move without notice, that the House;
1) NOTES that the South African gender pay gap is estimated, to be, on average between 15 and 17%;
2) FURTHER NOTES that women continue to earn less than their male counterparts despite the enactment of legislation to promote equality;
3) ACKNOWLEDGES that women’s skills are still undervalued and therefore directly affect their worth and income skills;
4) FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES that if this gender pay gap is not addressed, as matter of urgency, we will never achieve gender equality in our lifetime;
5) CALLS on all South Africans, including leaders in both the private and public sector, to ensure that we do everything during this Women’s month and beyond to ensure that women’s rights are honoured and upheld.