Joint Media Advisory by the DA, IFP, FF Plus, ActionSA, ACDP, ISANCO, UIM and SNP
On Thursday, 19 October 2023, during a media briefing and signing ceremony held at Parliament, the members of the Multi-Party Charter for South Africa formally welcomed the African Christian Democratic Party (ACDP) as the Charter·s newest member.
The leaders of the eight Charter parties reaffirmed their commitment to the Charter·s vision of: “A new government to build a just, inclusive and prosperous South Africa based on opportunity, freedom and security for all of its citizens”.
The group also reiterated their eight key priorities for a new coalition government, as follows:
1. Growing the economy and creating jobs;
2. Ending loadshedding and achieving energy security;
3. Achieving law and order that combats crime, corruption and drugs;
4. Ensuring quality education that delivers opportunities for all;
5. Delivering basic services to all through high quality infrastructure;
6. Building a professional public service that delivers to all, and ending cadre deployment;
7. Ensuring quality healthcare for all within a caring healthcare system; and
8. Building a social relief framework for South African households living in poverty.
As opposition parties, we recognise the need to stand together – not only to bring the ANC below 50% in the 2024 elections, but also to offer voters real hope for a viable alternative to the ANC after the elections.
This viable alternative is a multi-party government.
Thanks to initiatives such as the recent coalitions study tour of Germany, which several of the Charter Party leaders were able to attend, our shared understanding of how to effectively build a multi-party government that works, continues to grow.
We call on South Africans to check that they are correctly registered to vote in Election 2024. Only by uniting will we be able to unseat the ANC and bring in a capable, accountable, caring government that can start to address the pressing challenges facing South Africans today.
DA: Charity McCord, Media Officer to the DA Federal Leader 078 126 2765
IFP: Megan Dick, Office of the IFP President 082 432 1335
FF Plus: Heloise Denner MP, Spokesperson for the FF Plus 072 997 8315
ActionSA: Sam Mgobozi, Communications Director for ActionSA 078 231 5977
ACDP: Joshua Meshoe, Communications Director for ACDP 060 543 7352
ISANCO: Nceba Matomane, Media Officer for ISANCO 0614726507
UIM: Virginia Young, Media Liaison for UIM 064 283 6781
SNP: Winston Coetzee, Deputy President for SNP 082 228 3523