On World Teachers’ Day, the Inkatha Freedom Party (IFP) proudly celebrates the dedicated educators in South Africa and around the globe who tirelessly shape the future of our nation. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all South African teachers for their unwavering commitment to nurturing young minds and fostering a brighter tomorrow.
The IFP is committed to the belief that education is the cornerstone of a prosperous and just society. The IFP’s concept of ‘education for liberation’ emphasises the importance of education in empowering individuals to take control of their own lives and work toward a more just and equitable society. Our education policy prioritises the following principles:
- Quality Education: We strive for excellence in education by advocating for higher standards, improved teacher training, and access to cutting-edge educational resources.
- Equal Opportunity: We believe that every child in South Africa deserves an equal opportunity to receive a quality education, regardless of their background or location.
- Skills Development: The IFP supports initiatives that equip our youth with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the modern world, including technical and vocational training.
- Teacher Support: We recognise the importance of well-supported and motivated educators and pledge to enhance their working conditions and professional development.
- Inclusive Education: Our policy promotes inclusive education, ensuring that children with disabilities and special needs receive the support and resources they require.
On this World Teachers’ Day, let us unite in honouring the tireless efforts of South African teachers and reaffirm our commitment to building a stronger, more equitable education system. Together, we can empower the next generation and continue to build a brighter future for our nation.
Mkhuleko Hlengwa MP
IFP National Spokesperson
071 111 0539